Save Time and Do This Online! Updating your address can be done through our online service.

You must notify the MVD’s Driver Services Bureau within 10 days of any change of address. This is required by law because the licensing authority may wish to contact you regarding your ID at any time. 

To update the address on file with the MVD, complete and mail in Change of Driver License Address - Electronic Record (34-0300). There is no fee for updating your electronic record. This form is available from most county treasurers or any Driver Exam Station.

If you want your new address on your photo ID, you must:

  1. Go to a Montana driver license station for a replacement ID card. Schedule an appointment here
  2. Pay the associated fee.