Save Time and Do This Online! Replacing a lost license (non-commercial and CDL) or an ID can be done through our online service.

If you need to replace your driver license, CDL, or ID you may do so using the online service, make an in-person appointment at any Driver Exam Station, or you apply for a replacement license by mail by downloading, completing and mailing in the Mail-in Replacement - All Driver Licenses (21-2000)

MVD recommends reporting your stolen driver license or identification card to local law enforcement.

See associated fees for replacement cost.

Something to Keep in Mind

Save yourself a step and some time. If you lost your license within six months of its expiration date,
you may be eligible to apply for a renewal instead of replacement.