Are you over 18 and ready to get your driver license?
For people 18 and over, you'll have to pass written, vision, and road tests as well as provide the required documents. Once done - you'll be ready for the road.
**Not the actual size of the license.**
Save yourself some time, pre-apply for your license. Filling out required information before your appointment is easy and convenient with our online service.
What will I need to bring?
At your appointment to take the written test you'll need to provide required documents:
NOTE: Are you wanting a REAL ID? These document requirements pertain to a Driver License only. See the REAL ID page for full information.
To help with the written test - study the Montana Driver Manual
You must pass the written test before being eligible to take your driving test.
There are a couple items you'll need when you show up for the driving test.
- Current learner's permit.
- Proof of current registration for the vehicle being used for the test.
- Proof of insurance; either a physical insurance card or a digital version from an electronic device, such as a smart phone.
- A vehicle without mechanical issues - no cracks in the windshield, functional taillights, brake lights, and turn signals.
Don't let the opportunity pass you by.
When you get a license or ID - you can easily and conveniently:
- Register to Vote
- Register for Organ, Eye, and Tissue Donation Program
- Register for the End-of-Life Registry
- Register for Selective Service